Monday, April 21, 2014


One foggy morning...

This is when I get off the bus and start walking into the 시골 (country-bumpkin-middle-of-nowhere) to get to my school. It's about a five minute walk.
I just recently learned these are Magnolias. Thanks to Instagram for educating me...










I'm not sure what this is, but I'm so glad I got shots of it before and after it bloomed (below).

Almost at school! See the tiny gate on the far right? That's the gate to the school. I am literally walking next to crops/plantations left and right, every day, to and from work.
This is a door on the side of one of my student's grandfather's house, which is seen in the photo above on the far right. I really like this door and always thought of taking a photo of it and now I finally have. Mission accomplished.
This is what I see on my left, right before I enter my school grounds.
Morning dew. I hardly ever see dew drops on the grass here... also maybe because I barely see grass around where I live.


This was not the first time the smog was this bad. One day in the fall, I could not see the school from this standpoint. I thought it was fog, but apparently this was dust/pollution...
Usually I can see the swing set from here but I couldn't on this day.
I think that's the sun? Sadly those trees on the left were beautiful cherry blossoms. They barely lasted a couple of weeks...
Are these cherry blossoms too? Surprisingly, I took these on the same day I took the photos above. I didn't edit this photos at all. I love how it turned out with the beautiful clear blue sky as the backdrop and the perfect saturation of the green leaves and flowers. This is a tree next to the same house I took above.


Going home now~
Some interesting looking trees... they kind of reminded me of a giant version of a bonsai tree my dad used to have.



No comments:

Post a Comment